- Moura, Australia
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
We provide specialised integrated logistics support to customers across the mining, chemical, petroleum, energy and Australian oil and gas industries. Our customers operate in some of the most remote places on earth, 24 hours a day, seven days a week and require a logistics partner who can match their needs.
We are looking for a practical and hands on Operations Supervisor to join our Global Logistics division based in Moura QLD. This role will suit a supervisor living in Moura or the surrounds or based in Biloela and able to DIDO 2-3 days per week with work from home the rest. A vehicle would be provided if driving in and out.
Working Monday to Friday, the supervisor will look after linehaul operations between Moranbah and Dawson and QNP Moura and Dawson. The team will consist of 8 direct reports operating 5 AB Triples. Historically the operations have been run out of Moranbah or Gladstone with maintenance being completed in Gracemere, however, we are currently establishing a brand new base 5km east of Moura which will include:
- A workshop facility for minor repairs and scheduled maintenance
- A site office for the supervisor
- An ablution block for the drivers
- A crib room where drivers can manage fatigue, eat meals anbd rest
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who can take ownership of this task, assist with the new base and its set up as well as build the culture of their team. A strong focus on safety and performance is vital whilst providing excellent service to the customer. This suits a person who is motivated, self driven and possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
As the Operations Supervisor, you will:
- Allocate people and assets to deliver on operational targets and service standards to meet the contractual obligations.
- Set operational targets on a daily to monthly basis, ensuring delivery of results through the right allocation of resources.
- Ensure established work systems are in place and people can work effectively as individuals and as a team.
- Build strong relationships with our customer to respond to daily / weekly changes in operational requirements.
- Provide strong leadership, creating a positive workplace culture through collaboration and influencing the mindset of our people to improve the overall capability of the region.
- Driver safety initiatives, ensure adhere to statutory and regulatory frameworks, whilst promoting a workplace of Safety First.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and fatigue management.
- Proven customer service orientation – excellent understanding and strong curiosity about our customer and what adds value to them.
- Knowledge of personnel and operational requirements, relating to training and compliance.
- Incident management/investigation skills – ability to determine root cause and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.