Senior Manager, Insurance
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport, or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Manager, Insurance to join our Business Assurance & Risk team in St Kilda Rd, Melbourne. Reporting into the Group Insurance Manager, you will manage and support the planning and implementation of insurance programs for Toll Group, including specialised insurances for key Business Units.
You will play a key role in assisting the Group, Divisions and Businesses to identify and quantify risk exposures and implement cost effective insurance programs which support Toll’s business growth strategy by providing financial protections for the Group, in accordance with the agreed risk and insurance strategies.
The Toll Insurance program consists of a broad range of policies covering Property, Marine, Aviation, People, Liability & Financial risks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of underwriting information and maintaining schedules of insurance globally
- Review of policy wordings and renewal placements to ensure they are consistent with requirements.
- Formulate annual premium budget and recharge models
- Provide input in insurance negotiations and placements, including renewal strategy discussions
- Develop annual market presentations for renewal purposes
- Reporting analysis of both insurance program and claims performance
- Review customer and supplier contracts and evaluate the exposures arising from the insurance requirements; and advise the business units on appropriate and acceptable risk and liability regimes
- Monitor and measure a range of risk exposures applicable to the Toll Group and the appropriate insurance treatment.
- Partner with Business Units, Insurance Brokers, and Insurers to ensure cover matches the needs of the Business
To ensure your success in this role, you will possess:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Commercial Insurance environment e.g., Broking, Underwriting, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial insurance and risk management concepts and methodologies as they apply to global organisations, corporate structures, and commercial environments
- Understanding of claims processes and practices; and demonstrates ability to determine appropriate claims settlement strategies that delivers the best outcome of the business and Toll
- Competent in commercial contract reviews (with a focus on insurance & indemnity provisions)
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in communications will all levels of the business - establish clear objectives and motivate staff and service providers to achieve a common goal
- Numerical skills and an ability to analyse statistics/data to identify factors and trends that adversely impact the company’s operations. Translate results into meaningful actions that can adopted by Business Units
- Proficiency in preparing professional reports and presentation materials suited to both external and internal audiences
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications – Excel and PowerPoint
- Tertiary qualified in a business related discipline including formal insurance qualifications.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.