VP, Airfreight, North Asia
- Hong kong, Hong Kong
About Toll: Global Forwarding
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletised cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
We are currently hiring senior Airfreight talent for a VP, Airfreight, North Asia role based in Hong Kong or Shanghai to develop Toll's airfreight capabilities through engagement with North Asia Leadership Team and procurement from airlines while driving Toll’s operational performance and growth in the region.
As the VP, Airfreight, North Asia, you will:
- Collaborate with NALT and grow the customer base in the region via customer visits, customer follow up, marketing, to the highest possible extend and achieve set budget.
- Support the Global Tender and GSM team in pricing, service and KPI’s offered to customers.
- Execute on the agreed Toll Core carriers globally and regionally. Develop potential new strategic carriers.
- Carriers and vendors relationship management
- Taking up participation in the leadership of specific duties related to Air Product such as EAWB, Digitalization, special product / trade lane development.
- Operational execution and process improvement in the region.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- 10+ years’ experience in global logistics/forwarding
- 10+ years’ experience in airfreight positions with minimum 5+ years in senior positions
- Experience in change-related roles on large, complex projects/transactions with challenging business outcomes.
- Knowledge on how to manage operations, set and meet work priorities to achieve outcomes within time frames and budgets.
- Experience negotiating deal contracts with customers.
- Leadership through developing and using effective strategies, change management and interpersonal skills to manage the sites towards the achievement.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com
You must be entitled to work in the country where the role is based and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical.