- Minchinbury NSW 2770, Australia
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
Grocery services include the provision of warehousing services and an integrated transport strategy interstate and intrastate for large supermarkets and retailers with a diverse product range.
We are sourcing an Operations Manager to spearhead the continuous operation of our Sydney Basin Groceries team based in Minchinbury. This position full-time permanent role will be responsible for developing initiatives and implementing business strategies to continuously improve the business unit. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining strong stakeholder relationships with both internal and external parties.
Experience a great work culture, where you will feel supported by your team to achieve business objectives. Utilise out latest Online Learning and Development Platform to increase your skillset and set yourself up for success. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can contribute to the Toll Group and work within a positive environment, now is your chance to join the Toll Group.
As the Operations Manager, you will:
- Set and manage standards and performance expectations for front line leadership to ensure the highest standard of customer service reliability.
- Ensure front line work groups have a customer first mindset, and are maintaining safe and sustainable work practices.
- Maximise profitability by linking management goals and standards with practical means of achievement in a high impact operation.
- Create and develop business growth initiatives and collaborate with internal stakeholder to implement these initiatives successfully.
- Champion safety on site and ensure the health and safety responsibilities of all staff are effectively communicated.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics Management or Business highly desirable.
- Previous demonstrable experience and knowledge of the transport and logistics industry.
- Strong stakeholder management and leadership ability including experience managing union presence on site.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting and costing, or a desire to learn these skills.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.