- Kempton Park, South Africa
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletised cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
We are looking for Pricing Supervisor to join our Team based in Johannesburg. You will support the business ensuring timeous and accurate estimates both internally and externally. The ideal candidate must have attention to detail, knowledge of market rates and conditions, understanding of tariffs, understanding of calculations of VAT, incoterms VAT duties, calculations of agency and finance fees. Understanding of imports and export processes of all modes is crucial in this position.
In this role you will need:
- To assist in developing and estimating business processes that will ensure applicability at the project level.
- To actively participate in the management of various tenders
- To review and complete the bid forms and ensure that they are within the given specifications.
- To perform evaluation of bids and provide the pricing in a timely manner.
- Lead the day to day running of Estimates Division and Invoicing Department, with aspects of Operational, Financial, Facilities and Developmental Management.
- Maintain relationships and liaise with existing clients and service providers.
- To perform any other duties not defined in the job description as reasonably requested / expected by the Company
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least 5 - 10 years’ experience in Estimates and or Operations
- A strong understanding and experience in all modes of transport
- A strong customer service orientation and customer relationship management skills
- Flexibility in a constantly changing environment with occasional out of hours working required
- IT literate (ability to utilise MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cargowise One Operating System would be an advantage
- Effective organisational skills with significant focus on attention to detail
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
You must be entitled to work in the country where the role is based and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical.