Team Leader, Freight Forwarding Operations
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently meets customer service standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine or complex issues / escalations.
- Supports and engages team members to deliver team requirements by working together
- communicating with oversea customers via telephone and email weekly or monthly
- Prepare daily KPI report and monitor backlog of team members
- To prepare monthly headcount report
- Supervise and develop team through learning & development, coaching, feedback & reviews.
- Ensure all the process in line with Standard Operating Procedure.
- To train new staff of daily operation requirements for 1 month
- To manage and schedule workforce during peak period
- Performs other position related duties as specified by management
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree.
- At least 3 years of working experience in Freight Forwarding industry
- Experience in freight operations/import/customs/supply chain would be an advantage.
- Proven supervisory or team lead experience leading large team.
- Shared services exposure would be an advantage.
- Previous International logistics experience would be an advantage.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong customer focus and with a strong team ethic
- Sound integrity and discipline
- Able to work independently and under pressure with minimum supervision
- Analytical and organized, ability to focus on details and compare data
- Good motivation, team building and influence skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment