Team Leader - Export
- Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletised cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to join our Operations function based in Bayan Lepas, Penang.
As the Team Leader, you will:
- Consistently meets customer service standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine or complex issues / escalations.
- Supports and engages team members to deliver team requirements by working together
- communicating with oversea customers via telephone and email weekly or monthly
- Prepare daily KPI report and monitor backlog of team members
- To prepare monthly headcount report
- Supervise and develop team through learning & development, coaching, feedback & reviews.
- Ensure all the process in line with Standard Operating Procedure.
- To train new staff of daily operation requirements for 1 month
- To manage and schedule workforce during peak period
- Performs other position related duties as specified by management
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree/post graduate diploma/professional degree in any field
- At least 3 years of working experience in Freight Forwarding industry
- Previous International logistics experience a benefit
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good in using Microsoft Office application such as excel and word
- Export experience
- Not essential but ability to speak Japanese, or Mandarin or Bahasa will be an advantage
- Familiar with EDI Cargo wise/CW1 as well as Freight Forwarding operations
- Experience in people management, good motivation and team building influence skills
- Strong customer focus and with a strong team ethic
- Able to work independently and under pressure with minimum supervision
- Analytical and organized, ability to focus on details and compare data
- Good motivation, team building and influence skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.