Senior Commercial Manager
- Karawatha QLD 4117, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
We provide specialised integrated logistics support to customers across the mining, chemical, petroleum, energy and Australian oil and gas industries. Our customers operate in some of the most remote places on earth, 24 hours a day, seven days a week and require a logistics partner who can match their needs.
We are seeking a Senior Commercial Manager, with a CA or CPA qualification to take ownership of a high value portfolio of mining and oil and gas customers across multiple AU regions. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of our Resources and Industrials business, operating out of Brisbane.
Partnering with the General Manager of MOG, this role requires the experience of an effective client manager with solid commercial, contractual, and reporting knowledge, able to bridge the gap and establish robust relationships across all levels of the business. You will ideally come from a service provider background used to being agile and working at pace whilst providing clear and direct leadership to a national team of 7, who will oversee onshore and offshore drilling, supply bases, marine vessels, and mining projects.
The Senior Commercial Manager you will be responsible for all commercial, cost control and cash flow activities including contracts' administration and client management. In conjunction with your direct reports, you will provide analysis to management and business units to make informed decisions aimed at maximising profitability for a given level of risk.
As Senior Commercial Manager you will:
- Develop business cases for capital investment, restructuring, change in scope of service/product offering, new business opportunities etc. with local business unit staff and TRI Management Team.
- Build robust Financial models from the ground up when tendering for new business, requiring the ability business costs/margins into a formats applicable for tenders.
- Manage the operational and commercial contracts, including interpretation and practical decision making.
- Work closely with the BU Finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and analysis of business trends and performance.
- Maintain and produce budgets and quarterly forecasts for your portfolio
- Develop sound and accurate cost/financial models generating IRR Evaluations, What if, scenario and sensitivity analysis etc.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Accounting related qualifications with either a CPA or CA
- Extensive contract negotiation experience and the ability to present and negotiate customer facing.
- Strong influencing ability.
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Strong track record of change management (process improvement).
- Strong acumen surrounding business strategy.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.