Business Development Manager
- Eastern Creek NSW 2766, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Express Services are designed with our customers in mind and offer unrivalled access to our domestic and global network – securely delivering everything from documents through to critical spare parts and medical supplies.
In your new BDM role, you will be responsible for winning new customers and driving profitable sales growth and you will get to work with a dynamic, fun and competitive team of likeminded salespeople.
There are loads of learning and development opportunities and scope to make a difference with your bright ideas and new ways of doing things.
Other duties include
- Getting out on the road and meeting with your prospective clients
- Preparing sales plans and tailoring to specific customer needs
- Looking after all new customers that you bring on for their first three months
- Onboarding of new customers, ensuring they are well equipped to use our systems
- General reporting for internal and external stakeholders
You will have a strong track record in winning new business, developing strong business relationships with customers, and negotiating mutually beneficial commercial outcomes, you will be highly motivated and generally a fun person to be around,
Your skills and attributes
- Strategic selling skills: You're really good at negotiating and enjoy tailoring a solution to a specific customer, you know how to create win-win situations for Toll and your customers.
- Technical selling skills: You are super prepared for your for meetings, you know how you are tracking at all times and you are good at prioritising your time
- You're a lover of learning, You need to understand why things are done a certain way and you love to identify better ways to do things.
- A natural communicator: you love communicating with all different types of people, you can build rapport quickly and effectively which always results in strong relationships
We have multiple BDM roles available, its a great time to join a winning sales team.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.