Application Support Analyst
- Pune, Maharashtra, India
At Toll, we’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. And that’s exactly what our people do every day. With over 130 years’ experience, and a network spanning 50 countries, 1,200 locations and 40,000 staff, we have the scale - and smarts - to solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge. At Toll, we do more than just logistics. We move the businesses that move the world
Overall Purpose of the Job
To lead and provide high quality operational and technical application and systems support to Toll IT customers and internal business functions. Owner of the Problem Management process, ensuring PM goals are achieved. Minimizing the adverse impact of
Incidents and Problems on the business and preventing reoccurrence of Incidents
The key responsibility of this role is to analyze and execute processes and procedures to meet agreed service levels. Reporting to the Application Service Lead to assist in developing plans to manage current and future demand on applications and IT infrastructure with a view of ensuring efficiency, manage stakeholder expectations in regard to application and infrastructure functions and capabilities and assume responsibility for all vendor negotiations and interactions.
• Planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes and communication to stakeholders
• To identify potential areas for Service Improvement and raise proposals with the Service Lead / Manager
• Provide input to application/infrastructure scalability
• Daily Review and Prioritization of Incidents, SRs, and Enhancements complying with SoW.
• Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex issues / problems / changes
• in-depth trend analysis of Incidents and SRs to identify opportunities for automation. Contribute to the target of Incidents and SRs reduction year by year.
• Ensure Compliance to SLAs and KPIs.
• Provide 3rd line Application Support on complex internally and externally developed applications
• Provide input to administering and maintaining all production and internal environments
• Provide input to the implementation, backup, and roll-back plans
• Act as a technical resource for internal and external projects
• Drive communication to internal Stakeholders providing status updates on major issues, changes, project schedules, Set ETAs. Documentation
• Ensure incidents and problems are analyzed, root cause, resolution, workaround, and permanent fix details are documented
• Ensure all technical and non-technical documentation is up to date
• Contribute to management reports to application support lead
Key Performance Indicators
Success in this role will be measured through a balance of quantitative and qualitative performance measures / KPIs that are aligned to the job group Key Result Area (refer to the PPG Manager workbook to understand the performance standard required for your role – Job Family & Job Group). These will form part of your annual objectives.
This Document will be reviewed annually by Group Human Resources or more frequently if changes to legal or regulatory requirements dictate
Printed documents are uncontrolled unless otherwise specified on the document
Skills Essential to the Role
• Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
• Fast learner, energetic and enthusiastic
• Adaptable and flexible to business demands
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Team player
• Experience working in technical support teams.
• 4+ years’ experience in a hands-on application support role
• Extensive problem solving and debugging skills
• Ability to independently drive issues resolutions and status updates to stakeholders
• Experience in providing services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s
• Experienced in Problem and Incident Management
• Experience with working in an ITIL environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short notice
• Understanding of Enterprise Systems
• Knowledge of Java/. Net, SQL, Unix and SDLC.
• Experienced in administering Linux and Windows server environments
• Technical bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification
• ITIL Beginner/Intermediate Level Certification
• Experienced in using ServiceNow