Southeast Asia Cluster General Manager
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
The Global Logistics Southeast Asia (SEA) Cluster General Manager is responsible for growing the contract logistics business in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam in a safe and sustainable way.
This role double-hats as the Singapore country manager, and works closely with the other country managers and functional leaders to co-develop and lead the execution of Toll’s Asia growth strategy across the cluster to achieve profitable growth by delivering world-class warehousing and transport solutions to customers across the Retail, Industrials and Auto sectors.
This role is accountable for ensuring operational, commercial and customer excellence in the Southeast Asia organization by adapting and implementing the group’s standards and programs, including relevant organizational capability building plans.
- Balancing the strategic/operational focus required of the Singapore country manager role with the broader cluster remit, given that the Singapore business is the most sizeable in the SEA cluster.
- Driving organization capability, building efforts and achieving alignment across a geographically dispersed team at different stages of maturity.
- Encouraging the team to adopt more innovative ways of working, while embedding the Toll values, behaviours and mindset across the organization.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, with extensive knowledge and experience in the supply chain and logistics industry.
- At least 5 years of general management experience in managing commercial logistics operations and driving profitable growth across different countries in Asia.
- Strong commercial acumen, customer focus and leadership integrity.
- Ability to influence and collaborate across diverse stakeholder groups to drive positive outcomes.
- Proven track record of building high performing teams and developing talent.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.