HR Operations Specialist
- We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletised cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
- Based in Pioneer, Singapore
- Reports to the Senior HR Manager/Business Partner
- Key support will come in the form of HR operations from the individual
The HR Operations Specialist role is a key supporting role in which the individual will be expected to provide critical HR administrative support to the HR team and all other stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors:
As a HR Ops Specialist, you will:
- Keep abreast and ensure compliance of skills sponsoring status requirements for Singapore as you will be responsible for applying for and renewing the relevant work passes across the TGL operations business (c. 120 employees). Therefore, you should have good working knowledge of and keep abreast of all statutory requirements impacting employment immigration in Singapore
- Work with the recruitment to ensure you are creating and tracking requisitions as well as hiring in new employees into workday as needed. Along with this, ensure that you have enrolled new hires into the benefits program, concur, completed the necessary paperwork, and submitted information to the payroll team.
- Ensuring that the end-to-end HR process supports a positive employee experience at all times including supporting onboarding and exit processes across operations
- Supporting HR priority projects with any administrative activity
- Work with operations to manage the local training calendar, enrol the teams in the courses and ensure to apply for the relevant grants.
- Updating and maintaining HR systems, records and reports with accurate employee data
- Manage invoices from vendors (e.g., search firms, relocation, rental payment for service apartments, medical insurance, group life insurance)
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary Education, or a Bachelor's Degree in relevant areas of education will be advantageous
- Demonstrates ability to work well in an international team environment (also in different time zones)
- Demonstrates flexibility, ability to multitask on tasks coming from multiple sources with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain composure whilst dealing with difficult clients
- Strong HR Operational Knowledge – Payroll, Compensation, Taxation, Visas (EP, WP, S Pass)
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.