Finance Business Partner – Technology Projects
- Port Melbourne VIC 3207, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
The Finance Business Partner will apply strong business oriented commercial disciplines to support Toll Transformation Programs/Group IT & Divisional projects to ensure programs are delivered in line with approved budget/business case.
This is a 12-month fixed term role with the view to extend based on project completion.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will:
- Provide guidance and support to projects in setting and managing financial budgets, forecasts, milestones and estimates to complete
- Adopt and apply IT Finance policies and procedures, and ensure that they align to the Group IT Program Governance Framework
- Develop, analyse, interpret and provide internal distribution of financial information regarding major projects in order to appraise performance of project activity against approved budget and/or business case
- Identify and track key financial and underlying operational performance trends and risk areas and work with business managers to identify opportunities and corrective actions
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with senior management to provide decision support within all areas of the business
- Work closely with Program Commercial Managers in formulating and managing key contracts of 3rd party vendors to ensure all financial aspects are captured, invoices are approved, change requests are reviewed/approved and payments are made in line with accepted deliverables and delegated authority
- Develop and embed robust systems of control to mitigate business risk and provide commercial assurance
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- IT Project Finance experience in large/global transformation programs
- CPA/CA, or MBA qualified preferred but not essential
- Experience in delivering insightful reporting analytics
- Experience in producing robust forecasting, budgeting and cash management reports, tools and procedures
- Interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement
- Influencing and negotiating skills
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.