Branch Manager - Transport
- Mackay QLD 4740, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Express Services are designed with our customers in mind and offer unrivalled access to our domestic and global network – securely delivering everything from documents through to critical spare parts and medical supplies.
Due to a recent internal promotion we are now on the lookout for a Branch Manager to head up our busy Transport operation in Mackay.
As the Branch Manager you will oversee the day to day running of a busy transport hub that services some of the major local mines and retailers. Reporting directly into you is a team of 7 with indirect reports of upto 85. The site runs an AM and a PM shift where we have daily truck, forklift and operational movements. This is a leadership role where you will continue to drive through the high standards our team currently operate towards whilst ensuring the site is being run safely and efficiently.
Some of your duties would include
- Contract and customer management
- Responsible for the achievement of agreed budgeted targets as measured by a series of branch KPI’s
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all legislative compliance requirements (inclusive of environmental) that impact the business.
- Familiarity with and be able to implement the handling regulations of the Australian Dangerous Goods Code
- Leadership across a diverse workforce all with competing demands
- Continue to drive through a culture obsessed with safety
- At least 5 years senior leadership experience within the transport industry (express freight beneficial)
- Demonstrable skills and experience in leading and inspiring operational teams
- Experience of managing site P&L's
- Exposure and experience with industrial relations instruments.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.