Senior Collections Officer
- Bankstown NSW 2200, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Express Services are designed with our customers in mind and offer unrivalled access to our domestic and global network – securely delivering everything from documents through to critical spare parts and medical supplies.
We currently have five opportunities for confident and professional Senior Collections Officers that can be based either in Melbourne or Sydney. The role is to effectively and efficiently manage an allocated portfolio of debtors to maximise collections of current and overdue debt and minimise exposure to risk of bad debts, without adversely affecting revenue. To identify problems on the ledger in a timely manner and instigate corrective action.
As the Senior Collections Officer, you will be accountable for:
- Ensure that all key areas (debtors aging) of the ledger are maintained in line with collection targets (KPIs)
- Ensure that the debtor maintenance (master data) on all accounts is kept up to date, including contact details and agreed terms and enforce compliance
- Manage your portfolio of accounts in line with Collection Strategies, Credit policy and accounts receivable protocols to ensure the integrity of the debtors under your control
- Act as conduit / escalation point between the business, offshore teams and customers
- Identify, escalate, and resolve problems / customer queries in a timely manner and forward to the appropriate department, maintains follow up until final resolution is achieved
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years experience in a similar position
- Good understanding of billing procedures and detailed knowledge of collections processes
- Demonstrated experience in High Volume Debtor Management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills are required - including pivot tables, vlookups, formula building and sorting of data
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.