Key Account Service Consultant
- Mascot NSW 2020, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletised cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Key Account Service Consultant who will be responsible for managing a portfolio of key clients ensuring last mile transport from airfreight and sea freight is run with efficiency. Utilising your problem solving and communication skills you will deal with multiple transport companies, customs and the client being the glue that ensures a seamless service.
As the Key Account Service Consultant, you will:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring all Transport & Operational activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and distribution of product for Corporate clients.
- Leading staff, developing capability and performance, to secure high levels of staff engagement and low levels of employee turnover
- Ensuring that “Think safe. Act safe. Be safe” is adopted as a key priority by every team member
- Reviewing and improving business operations to maintain an efficient low cost operation, including improving operational process through the successful implementation of SOPs
- Ensuring compliance, risk management and operational activities in order to support the management in upholding proper corporate governance and compliance of the Company
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years in a similar role within the transport industry, ideally freight forwarding
- Experience with Cargo Wise desirable
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate excel
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.