Transport Operations Manager
- Laverton VIC 3028, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
We are looking for an experienced Transportation and Logistics professional to join our grocery division based at the Coles DC in Laverton. The role of the Transport Operations Manager responsible for managing resources to exceed budgetary and service expectations, control and monitor costs, plan for optimization of equipment and labor while adhering to the underlying drivers of profitability.
As the Transport Operations Manager, you will:
- Managing daily operations of the route and bulk distribution activities to ensure that people and equipment levels meet service requirements and are employed efficiently
- Ensure the highest level of service is provided to internal, external customers and stakeholders driving performance to meet contracted service level KPIs
- Act act as a senior point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders
- Review weekly commercials identifying errors and significant variations from budget, and direct/initiate remedial action.
- Responsible for a structured approach to continuously improve the business
- Ensure that health and safety is paramount and responsibilities are effectively communicated throughout the team
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A proven track record in a senior leadership capacity within transportation and logistics.
- A sound knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting, costing, tendering and cost analysis.
- Exceptional personal standards of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Experience in a customer facing position is highly regarded
- A comprehensive understanding of HSE and legislative requirements within transportation
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.