Senior Manager, Contract Logistics
- Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
- We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
- Based in Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
- Reports to the Vice President/Country Manager
- Responsible for the effective and efficient management of all Contract Logistics matters
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the success of the business by effectively managing all aspects within Contract Logistics as well as ensuring the profitability of customer account, exploring and growing new business opportunities and profitability:
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Provide suitable solutions for new and existing business while managing the Profit and Loss of all contract logistics sites.
- Look into yearly continuous improvement and cost savings plan for each customer contract
- Participate and provide input to yearly budget forecast for respective business and to new RFG & enquiry from customers
- Monitor and drive vendor performance and compliance, to procure the 'best buy & service" across available vendors in the market
- Managing Operations Managers to ensure compliance to regulatory and customer requirement, achievement of service level, staff development, reporting and cross functional compliance (e.g. with Finance, Safety etc).
- Visible leadership and participation in OH&S programs and activities
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Contract Logistics in Malaysia
- 3+ years commercial experience
- Experience in effective internal & external communications
- A record of successful project completion, sound decision making, integrity and teamwork
- An understanding of management, leadership, budgets, and project planning and management
- Exposure to sales environments at a Corporate Customer level
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.