National Commercial Manager - Revenue
- Bankstown NSW 2200, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Express Services are designed with our customers in mind and offer unrivalled access to our domestic and global network – securely delivering everything from documents through to critical spare parts and medical supplies.
In conjunction with the General Manager – Finance and the Express Parcels Management the National Commercial Manager (Revenue) will provide financial and operational reporting, in-depth commercial analysis and decision support in regards to the revenue related activity. This includes financial and scenario modelling, building business cases and proposals, performing profitability reviews, and preparing revenue and volume budgets and forecasts, tracking trading and pricing performance, leading yield improvement initiatives and tracking performance, and reviewing unit costs and related pricing decisions, KPI’s to assist management with key strategic and operational decisions. The role will also represent a key interface between the Sales function, account Management, Operations, Finance and Credit/GSS to facilitate appropriate solutions to customer billing processes, issues and accuracy.
Overall, the role will be responsible for ensuring that Express Parcels meets its strategic and financial obligations, actively drive the identification & development of effective reporting and operational processes in addition to providing value added insights on results that will support the stakeholders in achieving their performance goals and understanding of the businesses results.
- Provide commercial insights and support to business decisions in the sales, pricing, costings customer space
- Drive the identification and development of effective reporting and operational processes in addition to providing value insights
- Prepare high standard business reporting / presentations for review and discussion with senior management.
- Conducting profitability of analysis and review and liaising with sales on customer pricing and tenders
- Ensuring billing accuracy- reviewing processes or systems associated with billing, measuring and tracking revenue reporting accuracy, facilitating the resolution of significant customer billing issues
- Managing and overseeing customer uprate programmes, including recommendations and ensuring /reviewing processes, controls and teams are coordinated and in place to agreed uprate implementation including project managing implementation.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with high volume data and sophisticated reporting
- Business transformations
- Demonstrated developed leadership skils
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with BI tools, Power BI And TM1 (tablauex) or comparable
- Experience with Oracle and TMS
- Post graduate qualifications in commerce or equivalent
- Membership of relevant professional body preferred (ACA/CPA or equivalent)
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.