Business Development Manager
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletised cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
- Based in Singapore
- Reports to the Country Sales Manager
- Responsible for driving incremental sales in a professional, value adding and customer focused manner
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the success of the business by effectively initiating and driving incremental sales in a professional, value adding and customer focused manner:
In Business Development, you will:
- Proactively interact and acquire new customers for ocean, air and customs brokerage.
- Building relationships with new & existing customers.
- Grow Revenue and Volume Footprint to achieve economies of scale and service reliability.
- Partner with the Toll network to increase volumes in key trade lanes & verticals in accordance with our Sales Strategy.
- Engage with Network on Global Account Development.
- Represent Toll in line with our values and ethics (e.g. Safety, Integrity and Trust, Continuous Improvement)
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 5 years or more experience in freight forwarding and contract logistics sales
- Demonstrated ability to uncover new businesses
- Experience in attracting and managing clients across Singapore
- Highly motivated individual who can find, develop, qualify leads into sales
- In-depth knowledge of best-in class sales process and negotiating skills
- Familiar with Salesforce.com as a sales visibility tool
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.