Business Development Manager
- Regency Park SA 5010, Australia
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Express Services are designed with our customers in mind and offer unrivalled access to our domestic and global network – securely delivering everything from documents through to critical spare parts and medical supplies.
We are seeking a professional and enthusiastic Business Development Manager who has a passion for customer service and sales,
This is a hybrid sales role, your main responsibility with be driving new business opportunities, however you will also be required to manage an existing portfolio of customers
- Preparing sales plans that illustrate where new business/growth can be obtained.
- Managing a portfolio of customers from industries such as - Consumer (FMCG, retail etc) Industrial and mining
- Driving your revenue growth to achieve budget.
- Fostering and maintaining strong working relationships with operational, customer service staff and drivers.
- Maintaining an effective pipeline of new business prospects within salesforce.
As this position is 'on the road', you will be expected to work autonomously so you will need to be very self motivated, you will also need
- to have either working experience or tertiary qualifications in supply chain and/or transport
- Experience working in a customer service based role, ideally in a sales capacity
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- to be adaptable and resilient
- superior customer service/relationship management skills
- to be well presented and professional and able to engage with a variety of different people
- focused on results and achieving your best
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a clear career path and sees this as the next step in their career
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.