Assistant Manager, Continuous Improvement
- Shanghai, Shanghai, China
About Toll: Global Logistics
We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network, covering road, air, sea and rail across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries.
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
We are now hiring a CI/ Lean talent for Global Logistics business in China.
As the Assistant Manager, Continuous Improvement, you will be responsible for:
- An enabler of CI to the Greater China business through the use of industry proven and systematic approach of Lean / Lean Six Sigma towards Operational Excellence.
- Lead and drive operational improvements in the areas of costs and service delivery for the Greater China business.
- Technical support to the National CI/OE leader in the rollout of Group CI strategy and country initiatives to the Greater China business, including Lean training, focused improvement projects and Toll wide CI/OE programs
- Implementation of the Group/Division/Country Continuous Improvement strategy for the region/country, conducting regular and structured review sessions introducing processes for innovation and continuous improvement, facilitate and coordinate selected Kaizen blitz activities throughout the region.
- Perform on site process audit on operation development initiatives.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma/Operations Research (OR) tools (e.g. optimization and simulation software) to improve efficiency in logistic operations.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3~5 years lean working experience;
- Result- oriented and good communication sills;
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com
You must be entitled to work in the country where the role is based and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical.