Assistant Manager – Intralogistics/Transportation Solutions, Asia
- 5 Clementi Loop, Singapore 129816
At Toll, we’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. And that’s exactly what our people do every day. With over 130 years’ experience, and a network spanning 50 countries, 1,200 locations and 40,000 staff, we have the scale - and smarts - to solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge.
At Toll, we do more than just logistics. We move the businesses that move the world
As an Assistant Manager for Intralogistics/Transportation Solutions, you will:
- Support business growth through development and costing of innovative and commercially viable logistics solutions.
- Undertake analysis and design support in the pursuit of new business, inclusive of requirement clarification and evaluation, resource calculations, order profiling and distribution patterns, infrastructure investments and material flow/layout design
- Propose solution design process to ensure solution meets customer requirements and Toll operational capability including risk management. Evaluate and use solution design tools (as required).
- Support the optimization and renewal of current contracts through review of current operating processes and develop innovative ideas to enhance financial returns and create barriers to exit for customers.
- Prepare the logistics solutions section of tender response documents and presentation to customers.
- Undertake detailed transportation cost modelling inclusive of own fleet and outsourced transportation services is a plus.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree/Master’s in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering and/or Transportation. MBA an advantage.
- 5 years or more working experience in a Solution & Design Engineer, planning, and/or operations role.
- Industrial Engineering/Lean/Six Sigma or equivalent competencies an advantage.
- Experience and detailed understanding of warehouse cost drivers and pricing models.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of operating systems incl WMS/TMS/ERP and interfacing thereof an advantage.
Working at Toll
Created by our people, our five values – Customer, Teamwork, Progress, Accountability and Integrity - are our compass that guide our behaviour and define our culture, regardless of role, division or location.
At Toll, our single greatest advantage is our people, and we believe that when one of us succeeds, we all succeed. We know our success is due to the quality and skill of our talented people. We work hard to create a workplace that supports our people’s careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work. Being connected is at the core of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com