Credit & Portfolio Analytics Manager
- Lakeside, Cheadle SK8, UK
- Department: Asset Management
- Working Hours: Standard (09:00am-17:30pm)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Office or Field Based: Office Based (Cheadle, SK8 3GW)
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 per annum, plus performance bonus & benefits
We are Together - Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
We are looking for a Credit & Portfolio Analytics Manager to come and join us on a permanent basis. The Credit & Portfolio Analytics Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a comprehensive suite of credit performance monitoring for the first line of defence risk teams in Commercial Finance. The role is also responsible for leading the provision of ad-hoc and regular insight/analytics into the credit performance of the Commercial Finance portfolio and any associated risks or opportunities.
- Production and ongoing enhancement of portfolio reporting and analysis, providing timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reports to the CF senior management team.
- Liaising closely with the 2nd line of defence risk teams, identify trends and insights based on regular credit risk reporting, supporting the Credit & Portfolio Risk Manager with the actions required to address areas of concern/opportunity
- Provide analytical insights and make strategic recommendations across the entire customer life-cycle, optimising Expected Credit Losses (ECL) and improving customer outcomes and experience
- Perform analysis to support changes to credit risk strategies, lending and arrears management policies and operational process development
- Support development and monitoring of new products and strategies
- Maintain comprehensive governance, procedures and records
- Build and maintain a strong stakeholder network to share analytical expertise and insight across the organisation, and take the lead role on developing the analytical capability within the Commercial Finance division
- Numerical degree, strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in a credit risk environment
- A solid grounding in data analysis using quantitative analytic tools
- Relevant coding experience (SQL/SAS or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of the fundamental concepts of credit risk management
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with MS Power BI or similar data visualisation software
- Good understanding of risk management of secured lending portfolios
- Experience of reporting on and analysing Commercial portfolios
- Experience of using complex data
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday, entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.