Talent and Development Partner
- 1 Lakeside, Cheadle SK8 3GW, UK
- Department: Human Resources
- Working Hours: Standard (09:00am-17:30pm)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Office or Field Based: Office Based (Cheadle, SK8 3GW)
We are Together - Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
£35,000 - £38,000 plus bonus and benefits
The Talent and Development Partner is responsible for partnering with stakeholders across the organisation in order to manage all aspects of the learning life cycle, from induction of colleagues to their ongoing growth and development. They will drive a Learning Culture within the business and identify, shape and influence colleague development, utilising all aspects of the learning cycle to deliver targeted solutions.
The Talent and Development Partner will collaborate with the business on the learning cycle. Whilst able to cover all aspects of the L&D team responsibilities, the T & D Partner will demonstrate a focus on engaging and developing our colleagues at all levels, resulting in motivation and competence in role.
The T & D Partner operates with ‘Respect for People’ building positive relationships both internally and externally in order to deliver a positive colleague experience from the induction all the way through the talent cycle. In addition, the T & D Partner takes accountability for their delivery with a focus on delivering positive outcomes for both the business and the colleague.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation;
- Act as a ‘Partner’ to the business to advise on learning interventions;
- Help shape the Learning Strategy to continually add value to our business and colleagues;
- Drive a Learning culture through ongoing role modelling and provision of sources to help colleagues be accountable for their own learning;
- Develop and deliver Leadership and Management development to drive and support our focus on leadership capability;
- Identify, develop and deliver training activity as required to support all colleagues, including mandatory eLearning;
- Deliver inductions and Manager ‘how to’ training;
- Assist with / deliver ad hoc project work in support of the Talent and Development team’s offering to the business:
- Identify opportunities for internal deployment of Talent;
- Provide guidance on the selection process to ensure prospective colleagues have the skills and experience to succeed;
- Manage / assist in Academy activity, bringing in new apprentices and graduates and supporting their progress during the programme
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of establishing and maintaining relationships with senior leaders;
- Learning design and delivery experience at a range of organisational levels;
- ELearning design;
- Experience of working with an LMS;
- Strong track record of business partnering in a dynamic and fast moving business;
- Commercially focused with a track record of delivering Learning interventions which have had a measurable impact on business results;
- Coaching, mentoring and feedback skills;
- Professional, engaging with the gravitas to build strong working relationships at all levels;
Nice to have skills and experience
- Prior experience within Financial Services or a regulated business;
- Colleague on boarding experience;
- Accredited in psychometric tools such as MBTI, Insights Discovery etc.;
- Coaching Qualification;
- Experience of managing third party relationships i.e. LMS and external suppliers;
- Assessment and selection background to help shape early career and talent / succession planning activity;
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.