IT Project Manager
- Lakeside, Cheadle SK8, UK
- Department: Information Technology
- Grade: Not Applicable
- Working Hours: Standard (09:00am-17:30pm)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Office or Field Based: Office Based (Cheadle, SK8 3GW)
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum depending on experience, plus annual performance bonus and excellent company benefits package.
We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in Cheadle, South Manchester.
We’ve been lending year-in, year-out for over 40 years' and we've grown into one of the UK Finance industry's best-kept secrets.
We play our part to convert challenges into opportunities that make our customers' financial ambitions accessible. And we understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow too.
Responsible for driving the system delivery of projects, ensuring that realistic timescales, scope and cost are effectively planned and managed. Responsible for establishing an appropriate IT structure for delivering the project, assigning and detailing roles and responsibilities, conducting accurate reviews of project requirements, defining functional and technical specifications through to build, test, deployment and handover to BAU.
- Management of a large or several medium sized IT Projects in accordance with the IT Change Delivery Framework
- Produce and gain sign-off of a Project Initiation Document to define all aspects of delivery of a project
- Ensure effective communication with all key stakeholders for projects managed
- Define comprehensive and realistic plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Matrix management of internal IT resources assigned to the project
- Management of offshore delivery teams, using scrum ceremonies
- Management of IT suppliers
- Management of Change
- Controls, analysing the impact on the project and recommending way forward
- Manage checkpoints and quality gates on projects to confirm that the project is progressing as expected and the solutions being developed will meet the business objectives - including solution reviews with Architects.
- Effective management and mitigation of Risks and Issues at project level, escalation to programme/portfolio when required.
- To provide timely, clear and concise reporting to all key stakeholders
- Management of Project budgets
- Degree in appropriate field and/or professional qualification (PRINCE2/ITIL/AGILE)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a comparable business
- Proven ability to drive IT enabled change, over a significant part of a large programme of work, or ownership of delivery for a medium and large sized project end to end (e.g. 12 Months + / £200K+)
- Experience of key systems development lifecycle methods, including Agile and Scrum
- Ability to analyse complex situations/problems and comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Experience of matrix management
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Understanding of change management processes and tools
- Flexible and adaptable to change, supporting other team members as and when required
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.