Deputy Head of Architecture
- Lakeside, Cheadle SK8, UK
- Department: Information Technology
- Grade: Grade
- Working Hours: Standard (09:00am-17:30pm)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Office or Field Based: Office Based (Cheadle, SK8 3GW)
We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester.
Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years' we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers' financial ambitions accessible. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
Together is a business that is never standing-still and provides an exciting place to work for someone who likes to deliver to a high-standard and is comfortable with change.
Following some changes internally we now have a requirement for a Deputy Head of Architecture to join out busy IT team.
The Deputy Head of Architecture is responsible for working with the Head of Architecture to develop and maintain the models of the Together Business and its Information Systems using these in the leadership of the design and governance of strategic change programmes, and supporting the Head of Architecture in the development of the IT Strategy. The Deputy Head of Architecture supports the validation of Solution Architecture and the technical design of all Business Systems.
- Support the development of an Enterprise Architecture (EA) Operating Model, including prioritising which artefacts will be produced in support of an agreed programme of strategic change
- Lead the creation and maintenance of architecture frameworks in order to define, design and implement a MASA to support digital transformation
- Mapping of relationships between EA artefacts and transition states supporting the project portfolio roadmap
- Support in provision of EA context and Strategic Requirements for new projects/programmes of work as part of the project Discovery phase, ensuring projects do not duplicate functionality and remain aligned with business and technical principles
- Promote innovation in the use of technology to add business value
- Govern projects to ensure that they adhere to Solution Architecture defined
- Work with colleagues across IT to ensure solutions designed are scalable, adaptable and support our growth
- Support continual improvement of processes and documentation of policies relating to application software development
- Support the definition of technical design and coding standards ensuring that all projects have a fit for purpose technical design
- Contribute to problem resolution for complex or critical incidents and problems
- Driving and managing performance through coaching, support and strategic goals.
- Managing the colleagues through the colleague life cycle of employment:
- Training and mentoring
- Role model and set standards aligned to the company
- Strong Architecture background
- Strategic thinker, capable of balancing long-term and immediate business requirements
- Balanced business and technical understanding
- Experience of governance of projects against an Enterprise Architecture framework
- Strong influencing skills to Executive level
- Proactive self-starter comfortable with working as a small team shaping a strategic agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Experience of operating TOGAF in a commercial environment
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a computing-based discipline
- Financial Services Experience
In addition, the following would also be beneficial:
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Cloud
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.