Statutory Reporting Accountant
- Lakeside, Cheadle SK8, UK
- Department: Financial Accounts
- Grade: 7
- Working Hours: Standard (09:00am-17:30pm)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Office or Field Based: Office Based (Cheadle, SK8 3GW)
We're Together, a mortgage and secured loan provider based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years, we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
Our team of over 750 colleagues turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers’ financial ambitions accessible. We try to approach everything we do with good old-fashioned common sense. But in many respects we’re a lot like a start-up: growing fast, and shaking up the status quo.
Following some internal changes we're currently looking to recruit 2 Statutory Reporting Accountants to join out Financial Reporting team.
Working with the Statutory Reporting Manager to delivery accurate and timely statutory and interim financial reporting and in accordance with adopted policies, procedures and accounting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of the production of annual and interim consolidated accounts and annual subsidiary accounts;
- Assist with the drafting of reports to investors which contain financial reporting information;
- Plan and co-ordinate with a range of stakeholders, including those areas which input into the process to more senior stakeholders in a review capacity;
- Co-ordinate information, requests and timescales with the external auditors;
- Respond to, analyse and resolve queries on the financial information, including account reconciling items, to ensure issues are resolved promptly and accurately;
- Understand significant balances/variances/transactions so that an accurate explanation can be provided to the Financial Control Manager/HOD;
- From time-to-time assist with the preparation of management accounts and other ad-hoc financial information and analysis;
- Attend all college lectures / tutorials to complete relevant accounting qualification, achieving consistently strong results and positive course tutor feedback and continue to develop technical reporting skills and knowledge.
- Recently/Newly qualified - ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualification or other relevant qualification
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting rules;
- Basic understanding/knowledge of IFRS;
- Attention to detail and basic numeracy skills;
- Ability to work as a team, often to tight deadlines;
- Planning and stakeholder management skills;
- Basic IT skills, including Excel and OneSource.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.