Sales Account Manager
We set out to make beer that tastes amazing and does amazing things too. That’s why we brew with surplus bread, turning leftover loaves into liquid gold. What’s more, 100% of our profits go to environmental charities.
We have a Big Hairy Audacious Goal to rescue 1 billion slices of surplus bread. This is our guiding purpose.
We’re listed in national retailers (Waitrose, Ocado, Co-Op), served on board British Airways, in hotels and restaurants such as Hilton and Wahaca and venues such as Tate galleries, ExCeL London and Stamford Bridge. We also work with lots of wholesalers supplying many independent stockists. We’ve had global press coverage, won multiple awards (including the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development) and spoken at events all over the world.
We’re a Certified B Corp (which means a responsibility to care for our employees is written into our Articles), and a top rated company in Escape the City’s Top 100 companies.
In 2022, we brought Heineken in as an equity shareholder to help us realise this goal (alongside others such as National Geographic). We have disrupted the brewing industry with a mission for good and are on a fast growth trajectory, forecasting to double our revenue YoY by the end of 2024. It is an incredibly exciting time for our business and team.
We’re looking for a Sales Account Manager to support our existing trade customers and help to win new business. Reporting into the Commercial Director, you will be the key point of contact for our brilliant trade customers. The work includes:
- Building relationships with our wholesaler account managers to grow sales with existing customers and identify/win new sales opportunities.
- You will spend the majority of your time in the field, delivering exemplary customer service, visiting trade customers to offer after-sales support, and, if appropriate, to upsell additional SKUs. You will optimise and manage your own schedule, visiting accounts predominantly in London (with some travel to locations such as Brighton).
- Delivering brand and marketing support for trade customers. This includes ensuring relevant POS materials are supplied and used effectively in their space and creating content for Toast to share on our platforms. You’ll work with our Marketing manager to communicate customer events and develop brand partnerships.
- Training our trade customers. This includes talking to teams about Toast’s mission and delivering tastings of our range.
- Sampling to end consumers in our trade accounts or at events (trade shows, festivals etc)
- Maintaining our CRM system records. This includes capturing details of your interactions with customers and updating their contact information as required. You will also be capturing and tracking key sales data.
- Monitoring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators and customer purchase trends. This will help us to learn, develop and identify new growth opportunities.
- The role will often require working evenings and weekends.
- OnTrade sales experience
- Good knowledge of bars, pubs, restaurants and bottle shops in London & South East.
- Experience in customer-facing roles delivering excellent customer service.
- Good knowledge of the craft beer industry (and enjoy beer!)
- It would be an added bonus, but not essential, if you have previous experience within a challenger food and drink brand.
- Passionate about our brand, our industry and our mission
- Good commercial acumen.
- Great presentation and relationship building skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good judgement, maturity and personal resilience
- Self motivated and have a positive attitude - you get stuff done working both independently and within a team
- Organisational and time management skills, able to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Excel is desired but not essential.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people with a diverse background. No University Degree required.
Start Date: January/February 2024
Contract terms: Full-time employee
Location: 17-19 Triton Street London NW1 3BF. We are a flexible employer and support hybrid working, but this role does involve travel to visit stockists.
Compensation: £35k base, plus bonus. All travel & subsistence expenses covered.
Benefits: 3% pension contribution, equity stock options, discounted beer, 25 days holiday plus flexible use of bank holidays, 2 days paid leave for volunteering.
Deadline to apply: Until role filled (potentially hiring for 2 positions) but please submit by 8 Jan 24 when we'll next review applications.
How to apply: Submit your CV & a cover note that explains why you're a great fit for the role. Due to the high number of applications, those without a covering note will not be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.