Customer Service Superstar - London
- Toast Towers, 105 Sumner Street, London, England, gb
Toast Ale (www.toastale.com) launched in the UK in January 2016, founded by global food waste campaigner Tristram Stuart. We’ve received global media attention and won multiple industry awards. We’re listed in Tesco, Waitrose, Spar Scotland and many independent stockists. We were the beer of choice at the Queen’s Tennis Championships and have spoken at events all over the country. We’re now operating in the UK, USA, South Africa, Brazil and Iceland and we’ve had interest from all over the world. Our ambition is to become one of the most successful global social enterprises and craft beer brands.
Toast Ale is on a mission to prove that the alternative to food waste is delicious. Toast is an awesome, award-winning beer brewed using fresh surplus bread that would otherwise be wasted. Did you know 44% of bread in the UK and over ⅓ of the fresh bread in the USA is never consumed? Our mission is to change that.
We source surplus fresh bread from bakeries and sandwich manufacturers. We contract brew with established brewers, leveraging their expertise to create truly delicious beers. We also collaborate to create exciting beers with local bread at a community level. There’s a slice of surplus bread in every bottle or can and our ambition is to end bread waste through the beer industry. All our profits go to our brilliant partner charity Feedback to support the fight against food waste, making Toast the best thing since, well, you know…
As a Toast Customer Service Superstar, you’ll have responsibility for supporting and delighting new and existing customers and ensuring the accuracy of customer information, and orders placed. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring our stock is in the right place at the right time to meet these orders. You will work closely with the founding Toast team, our growing tribe of Sales Ambassadors nationwide as well as all of our suppliers to ensure our customers' needs are met. You will be a quick-minded, confident, creative and can do team player.
Start Date: August 2018
Hours: Full-Time. We are offering flexible employment as we understand the importance of work/life balance. There is an option for the role to be part time for the right person: 3-5 days a week and 4-8 hours a day.
Location: Home based and London
Compensation: £20K per annum FTE + holiday + benefits. The role is a 12-month fixed-term contact at our central London HQ with potential for flexible and remote working.
Deadline to apply: 11th July 2018. Interviews to be held w/c 16th July.
How to apply: Apply by uploading your CV & a cover note here. For bonus points but not essential, please include a link in your cover note to a brief 60 second video of yourself explaining why you think you're a great fit for the role.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND GOALS OF THE ROLE
- To support our Sales Ambassadors and grow sales across all our sales channels
- Receiving and inputting sales orders
- Telesales to existing and new accounts
- Co-ordinate direct to customer sales
- Researching possible stockists and maintaining/adding list to the hitlist
- Based on insight & intel creating hit lists to create warm leads for Sales Ambassadors
- Deal with new customer inquiries appropriately - you’ll be the first Toaster for all incoming emails, calls. Give Toast love to all of our customers - from pre- to post-sale give our customers the best service ever
- Arrange sales meetings for Sales Ambassadors
- Coordinate posting/delivery of samples
- Managing our online retail portal & assist with our online sales strategy
- Monitor and manage stock levels across multiple Toast storage locations with the future potential to recommend and place new orders
- Attend events to assist with selling and sampling where required
- Provide customer contact/feedback reports to the team
- To develop & maintain Toast’s CRM capabilities to support sales growth as well as inventory and invoicing accuracy
- Maintain and update customer records and sale hit lists & manage our online stockist map
- Provide reports from CRM data to influence decision making and sales strategies
- To support our general administration to ensure the efficient running of the office.
THE PERSON FOR THIS ROLE
- Organised – You will be juggling lots of tasks, so being able to manage workload is key
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a determination to solve problems
- Happy to pick up the phone – we regularly give our stockists a call to make sure everything is okay their side and to keep them up to date with Toast news
- Willing to chip in – there is lots going on in at Toast Towers so we all help each other out!
- Keen to work as part of a small, enthusiastic team in a rapidly expanding business.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge & enthusiasm for the brewing & craft beer industry
- Be self-motivated, capable of working on own initiative with excellent time management skills
- Have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a can do, problem-solving attitude
- A genuine passion for providing outstanding customer service, and motivation to go above and beyond to delight our customers
- Great communication, charisma, and teamwork skills, whilst being able to easily create personal relationships
- Open-minded, proactive, ‘never give-up’ approach
- Reliable individual with the ability to work independently and autonomously, with good self-organisational skills
- Alignment with Toast’s mission
- Flexibility to work to business requirements (if needed)
- Knowledge of the following systems beneficial but not essential:
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Google docs
- Inventory systems (DEAR)
- CRM systems (Capsule)
Our founding principles:
Toast exists for the following 4 core founding principles:
1. To produce great beer
2. To eliminate bread waste directly by brewing as much of it as possible
3. To raise awareness of the problem of, and solutions to, food waste
4. To maximize profits, all which will go directly to Feedback and other local food waste organizations