Sales Ambassador - London
- Toast Towers, 105 Sumner Street, London, England
Toast Ale (www.toastale.com) launched in the UK in January 2016, founded by global food waste campaigner Tristram Stuart. We’ve received global media attention and won multiple industry awards. We’re listed in Tesco, Waitrose, Spar Scotland and many independent stockists. We were the beer of choice at the Queen’s Tennis Championships and have spoken at events all over the country. We’re now operating in the UK, USA, South Africa, Brazil and Iceland and we’ve had interest from all over the world. Our ambition is to become one of the most successful global social enterprises and craft beer brands.
Toast Ale is on a mission to prove that the alternative to food waste is delicious. Toast is an awesome, award-winning beer brewed using fresh surplus bread that would otherwise be wasted. Did you know 44% of bread in the UK and over ⅓ of the fresh bread in the USA is never consumed? Our mission is to change that.
We source surplus fresh bread from bakeries and sandwich manufacturers. We contract brew with established brewers, leveraging their expertise to create truly delicious beers. We also collaborate to create exciting beers with local bread at a community level. There’s a slice of surplus bread in every bottle or can and our ambition is to end bread waste through the beer industry. All our profits go to our brilliant partner charity Feedback to support the fight against food waste, making Toast the best thing since, well, you know…
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing UK social enterprise, tackling food waste with award winning craft beer. We are now hiring a London Sales Ambassador, who will lead on the most crucial area of our work, our sales, brand building and customer engagement in London.
Sales and stockist relationship management
o Growing sales with existing independent stockists and partner distributors in chosen area
o Sourcing and signing up new stockists (shops, bars, pubs, restaurants, corporate catering and events).
o Developing and maintaining relationships with existing stockists (upselling, training days for staff, etc)
o Representing Toast at samplings with key accounts
o Organise an efficient daily routine to ensure productive account activity
o Meeting ambitious sales growth targets
Events and marketing
o Attending retail and trade shows
o Identifying & agreeing collaboration brews with brewers & helping identify surplus bread sources
o Working with the Brand Director to develop local media and sponsorship opportunities
o Use of Twitter and Facebook to communicate stockist & event news
o Participate in evening and weekend promotions as necessary
o Customer set-up
o Update and manage account activity in Capsule CRM
o Order processing and management
o Chasing unpaid invoices
o Participating in stock checks/reconciliations as required
o Complete other sales-related tasks as assigned
Hours: Full Time
Location: Home based and London
Compensation: £22K per annum FTE + 10% annual bonus (based on performance against sales targets). The role is a 12-month fixed-term contract with potential for flexible and remote working.
Deadline to apply: 11th July 2018. Interviews to be held w/c 16th July.
How to apply: Apply by uploading your CV & a cover note. For bonus points but not essential, please include a link in your cover note to a brief 60 second video of yourself explaining why you think you're a great fit for the role.
THE PERSON FOR THIS ROLE
· Prior sales experience
· Self-motivated, high energy, can-do attitude and takes the initiative - you get stuff done!
· Great communicator - you enjoy telling a story!
· Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise tasks - you have exceptional organisational skills!
· Relevant experience within a challenger food and drink brand is a plus, but not essential
· Passion for our mission of fighting food waste with beer
· Strong knowledge or an interest of/contacts in bars, pubs, restaurants and bottle shops in London - you know where we need to be!
· Able to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends) and travel with access to a vehicle
· Based in one of our targeted cities, eligible to work in the UK and with a full UK driving licence.
Our founding principles:
Toast exists for the following 4 core founding principles:
1. To produce great beer
2. To eliminate bread waste directly by brewing as much of it as possible
3. To raise awareness of the problem of, and solutions to, food waste
4. To maximize profits, all which will go directly to Feedback and other local food waste organizations