Database Specialist (AWS) (m/f/x)
- Company: Tipico Technology Services GmbH
- Job Family: Product and Technology
We are Tipico, the leading sports betting provider in Germany and one of the most exciting tech companies in the industry. We are fueled by our passion for the perfect product, using the newest tech stack to make advances every single day. Our culture is bursting with energy and ambition where we generate intense moments of Spannung, thriving through our values of Trust, Progress, and Passion. We push the limits of what’s possible because we believe that when adrenaline meets progress, awesome things happen.
Are you ready to turn up the power and bring the thrill of Spannung into your working life? Then show us your game face – because we’re looking for a Database Specialist (AWS) (m/f/x) to join the team!
Tipico is looking for a Database Specialist (AWS) to join our team. Grow with us, introduce us to new ideas, and develop products that maximize the thrill of sports for our customers. Every day, you’ll work in a highly collaborative and agile environment with cross-functional team members to develop products and create technical solutions that push us forward.
Your playing field:
- We strive for excellence: You will be engaged in the operation and automation of our managed Database infrastructure in AWS
- Migration from MySQL/MariaDB to AWS Aurora (Serverless)
- We take care of everything! Monitoring, Automation (Ansible, Python, Bash)
- You will provide self-service tools for Developers (Automation Jobs)
- You will manage Cloud Database Solutions (RDS/Aurora/ElastiCache etc.)
- You will implement solutions using Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- You will consult and advise on how to implement and make use of new managed services inside AWS (DynamoDB, Document DB)
- You will develop automation scripts for handling our daily database routines and maintenance tasks
- You will optimize SQL queries, consult with Developers, and design new applications
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- Proficiency. 3-4 years of experience in the (AWS) Cloud environment
- Strong automation skills. Deep knowledge of scripting (Bash or Python) and automation tools like (Ansible, Lambda, etc.)
- Cloud technologies. Knowledge of AWS Cloud and Terraform
- Language. Fluent in English
Who we’re looking for:
- Agile Mindset. This is about learning and adapting, continuously improving what we do to deliver a valuable product to our customers. You collaborate and communicate leading to team success
- Team player. We love learning from each other, great ideas are shaped and inspired by other ideas in order to achieve the simplest, smartest, and safest solution
- Innovative. We create space for ideas and love to use the newest technologies. To be cutting-edge, we need to stay on top and deliver an amazing digital experience
This is how we score with you:
- Established International Group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow
- Personal and Professional Growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential
- Relocation Support. To make your move to Karlsruhe as smooth as possible
- Sports Allowance. We love sports so we subsidize your membership to keep you active
- Modern offices. Our very own Karlsruhe campus provides an open-plan space with the latest technology
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team, but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us
- You choose your own hardware. MacBook or Windows? We love tech and this helps us stay ahead
Think a career at Tipico’s right for you?
Apply now and join our winning team! If you have any questions or comments about this role, our TA team is happy to help you! Feel free to reach out to us on our social media channels
We look forward to your application!