Database Administrator (m/f/x)
- Amalienbadstraße 41b, 76227 Karlsruhe, Germany
- Job Family: Product and Technology
- Company: Tipico Technology Services GmbH
We are Tipico, market leader in online and retail sports-betting in Germany. We are One Team, trust drives our collaboration and relationships. We love what we do, we learn every day and always strive to be better. We believe in progress, investing in personal and professional growth. This is what we look for in our candidates.
Are you ready to be part of our game as a Database Administrator (m/f/x) ?
Tipico is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team. Grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that maximise the thrill of sports for our customers. Every day, you’ll work in a highly collaborative and agile environment with cross-functional team members to develop products and create technical solutions that push us forward.
Your playing field:
- We strive for excellence: You will be engaged in the operation and automization of private and public cloud Database infrastructure (AWS)
- Operating of Database Applications on Enterprise and internal Tool Level
- We keep the ball rolling and you will help with performance optimization and tuning of Tipico´s mySQL databases
- You will provide self-service tools for Developers
- You will evaluate Cloud Database Solutions
- You will implement solutions using IaaS approach
- You will consult and advise on questions related to Databases
- Together as one team: You will act as escalation point for internal development and operations teams
- You keep us running: You will execute changes according to ITIL methodology
- You will implement security controls as per documented requirements
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- University degree. Bachelor´s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency. 3 years of experience in the administration of database systems
- Strong Database skills. Deep knowledge with mySQL, practical experiences in building CI/CD pipelines with Terraform and profound knowledge with other provisioning tools (Puppet or Ansible)
- Cloud technologies. Above average knowledge of one of the cloud computing technologies (Openstack or Kubernetes)
- Scripting. Knowledge in Bash or Python
- Standby. Available for on-call duty
- Language. Fluent in English
Who we’re looking for:
- Agile Mindset. This is about learning and adapting, continuously improving what we do to deliver a valuable product to our customers. You collaborate and communicate leading to team success
- Team player. We love learning from each other, great ideas are shaped and inspired by other ideas in order to achieve the simplest, smartest and safest solution
- Innovative. We create space for ideas and love to use the newest technologies. To be cutting edge, we need to stay on top and deliver an amazing digital experience
This is how we score with you:
- Established International Group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow
- Personal and Professional Growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential
- Relocation Support. To make your move to Karlsruhe as smooth as possible
- Gym Allowance. Because we love Sports!
- Modern offices. Our very own Karlsruhe campus provides an open plan space with the latest technology
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team, but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us
- You choose your own hardware. Macbook or Windows? We love tech and this helps us stay ahead
If you have any questions or comments about this role, the Recruiting Team will be happy to help you! Feel free to reach out to us on LinkedIN or XING.