Cloud Engineering & DevOps Team Lead
- 80 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
- Job Family: Product and Technology
- Company: Tipico NJ
Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing our headquarters in Hoboken, New Jersey. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day.
Are you a tech nerd obsessed with modern cloud technology and mobile products? Are you extremely organized and excel at taking ownership of complex and highly scalable environments? Are you an innovative thinker who enjoys working in a high paced agile environment? Does working in a collaborative environment alongside talented engineers and some of the hottest technologies make you contemplate leaving your current role?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for someone who will be instrumental in the growth of the organization and its infrastructure and system needs. A person who will ensure that we are highly scalable and available to our customers while taking on the role of gatekeeper and ensuring the tech teams are pushing the highest of quality products to the authorities and customers. Someone to be the main point of contact for the authorities, our business team as well as our US and European Tech teams for tech related queries. We want innovators, we want doers!
This role will be the starting point of our Tech department in the Tipico USA office. This person needs to have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills along with the ability to manage multiple tasks. They will need to work with teams throughout the organization to drive the technical visions and ensure we are maintaining strong relationships with regulators and our Tipico tech teams in the US and in Europe.
The Cloud Engineering & DevOps Team Lead will be report directly to the Managing Director and work together with the rest of the management team, tech team and business operations.
The Cloud Engineering & DevOps Team Lead is responsible for the technical side of the operations work: processes, engineering and development. The position holder ensures that the technical vision of the department is supported and executed within the teams, by:
- Managing and building an infrastructure team, ensuring the team uses the best practices and are following common standards
- Providing leadership to the team and throughout the company by directing, advising, and mentoring junior level engineers.
- Helping create and expand the team’s culture through innovation, collaboration, communication and purpose.
- Owning the responsibility for the production, stability and uptime for all of our customer facing products while managing all US system environments.
- Existing as the main contact person for the gaming authorities as well as the business and US and European Tech teams when it comes to all US production systems, release, testing and hardware related topics.
- Owning the responsibility to run change, release, incident and problem management processes within the technology pillar.
- Managing the production systems as its gatekeeper by organizing the Change Advisory Board and making sure all changes to the production environment are meeting all requirements (operational, security, qualitative) before they are rolled out.
- Driving the root cause analyses by connecting all involved parties to ensure sustainable fixing of dysfunctional services.
- Defining the classification and prioritization of incidents while managing the flow of information and escalations among involved teams to make sure that all incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
- Driving the Continuous Service Improvements for the processes that you are responsible for which includes the definition of meaningful SLAs and KPIs as well as automatic reporting to senior management.
- Guaranteeing continuous delivery and including automated testing and deployment of artefacts.
- Encouraging the sharing of knowledge and creating documentation that makes information easy and accessible to teams.
- Prioritizing the daily work within your area of responsibility, according to management/business commitments and urgent needs within the teams.
Must Have Experience:
- Expert knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS, Openstack, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Deep experience with CI/CD and provisioning tools (GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 4-5+ years of professional experience in the field of work mentioned above
- Strong leadership skills and experience providing counsel to an internal software engineering team.
- Excellent skills in process management (understanding and optimization of processes)
- Distinct analytical mindset to ensure a sustainable handling of incidents and problems
- Solid understanding of ITIL in general and how the various processes are connected to each other
- Positive attitude and the ability to understand the critical urgency of topics along with extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert level with Linux
- Broad and deep technical understanding with focus on high availability, performance and security.
- Technical key driver, enabler and motivator for the involved team and stakeholders
- Self-initiative, solution-oriented way of working, agile mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Affinity to quickly adapt and work with new technologies
- Skills in a scripting Language like Python would be a plus
- Must have the ability to work with and develop strong relationships with regulatory associations such as the regulator as well as internal and external stakeholders to respond to requests and communicate results as needed.
- Proven ability to create and sustain a high degree of confidentiality, trust and integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Online gaming and gambling experience
- Worked in FinTech companies, familiar with transaction-based applications
What's in it for you:
- A state-of-the-art technology stack and transaction volumes.
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- Building up a green field product from scratch.
- You will be a be part of the first in the new and upcoming USA online sportsbetting market.
- Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth.
- Build your own success story together with us.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by the group. Leading European sports betting house, this is a high-volume business and working.
- Self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Medical, Vision , Dental Benefits.