Network Engineer (m/f/x)
- Vjal Portomaso, St Julian's, Malta
- Job Family: Product and Technology
- Company: Tipico Co. Ltd
We are Tipico, market leader in online and retail sports-betting in Germany. We are One Team, trust drives our collaboration and relationships. We love what we do, we learn every day and always strive to be better. We believe in progress, investing in personal and professional growth. This is what we look for in our candidates.
Are you ready to be part of our game as a Network Engineer (m/f/x) ?
Tipico is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team. Grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that maximise the thrill of sports for our customers. Every day, you’ll work in a highly collaborative and agile environment with cross-functional team members to develop products and create technical solutions that push us forward.
Your playing field:
- Planning, design, monitoring and maintenance of heterogenous physical/virtual server and network environments
- Operate network and firewall infrastructure, e.g. Cisco, Checkpoint, DELL, HP
- Build self-service structures through automation and implementation of software-defined networking
- Ensure optimal reliability, integrity and security by realizing and evaluating security/intrusion detection scans
- Provide operations and development teams with knowledge, best practices and technical advices
- Participate in 24/7 on-call duty
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- University Degree. Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in an equivalent field
- Network Engineering. 5 years of professional experience in system and network administration
- Strong Skillset. Enterprise-level expertise in setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems and network infrastructure and software products (VMware or OpenStack)
- Security. Solid knowledge in security/vulnerability scans, penetration tests and relevant protocols/security concepts
- Architecture. Knowledge in architecture and design of physical and virtual network topologies
- Cloud. Experienced with AWS or Azure is a plus
- Infrastructure. Experience in infrastructure monitoring, ITIL processes and automatization workflows
- Language. Good communication skills in English
Who we’re looking for:
Agile Mindset. This is about learning and adapting, continuously improving what we do to deliver a valuable product to our customers. You collaborate and communicate leading to team success
Team player. We love learning from each other, great ideas are shaped and inspired by other ideas in order to achieve the simplest, smartest and safest solution
Innovative. We create space for ideas and love to use the newest technologies. To be cutting edge, we need to stay on top and deliver an amazing digital experience
This is how we score with you:
- Established International Group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow
- Personal and Professional Growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential.
- Relocation Support. To make your move to Malta as smooth as possible •
- Competitive Package. We care for our employees, offering an indefinite contract, competitive salary, Private health and dental insurance and subsidised parking.
- On-site childcare. Worried about where to leave your 3+ year old kids? We’ve got a game plan.
- Sports Incentive. We want you to remain active and will subsidise a membership in the sport of your choice.
- Modern offices. Our very own Tipico tower provides an open plan space with the latest technology.
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections.
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us.
- You choose your own hardware. MacBook or Windows? We love tech and this helps our employees stay ahead
If you have any questions or comments about this role, the Recruiting Team will be happy to help you! Feel free to reach out to us on LinkedIN or XING.