Quantitative Analyst - Junior (m/f/x)
- Vjal Portomaso, St Julian's, Malta
- Job Family: Bookmaking
- Company: Tipico Company
We are Tipico, market leader in online and retail sports-betting in Germany. We are One Team; trust drives our collaboration and relationships. We love what we do, we learn every day and always strive to be better. We believe in progress, investing in personal and professional growth. This is what we look for in our employees. Are you ready to be part of our game as a Quantitative Analyst - Junior?
Do you get excited by the power of numbers? Ready to do some coding? Tipico is looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our Bookmaking team. You will be assisting the Quantitative Research and Quantitative Trading teams. The teams combine the two fields of statistical analysis and trading strategies by developing smart and innovative automated solutions and (sports) models. You will be involved all the way from the idea creation until the final delivery of the product or project.
Your playing field:
- You develop and improve algorithms for trading and risk management tools in line with the departments’ strategic objectives – to keep us on top of the game
- We never settle and continuously want to improve. Therefore, you would construct and execute tests to analyse and improve our pricing strategy
- You financially assess proposed improvements to sports betting products and operations for prioritization purposes
- Numbers don’t lie. You perform ad hoc analyses as requested by management with data extracted from Redshift using SQL
- We believe in you and listen to your recommendations for new techniques and technologies to achieve the objective
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
University Degree. You ideally have a Master’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
R programming skills. You feel secure already and are eager to become well versed in it.
Mathematical mind. You are passionate about statistics and probabilities.
Knowledge of SQL scripting. Or have the drive to develop it.
Nice to have:
Score extra points with us with previous programming projects in a sports or betting context.
Work experience in a similar role and
Knowledge in other programming languages.
This is how we score with you:
- Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
- Highly collaborative and Self-Organized Teams are equipped with State-of-the-Art Technology
- We believe in continuous learning opportunities to develop and grow, we invest in personal and professional growth
- Private Health and Dental Insurance, Performance Bonus, Subsidised Parking and Childcare. Of course, we love sports that’s why Sports incentives are provided.
- New offices in our own Tipico Tower, working as one team
- Relocation Support to make your move as smooth as possible