- Department: Marketing
Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Please note: this role is located in our Hoboken, NJ office; we work off a hybrid model and come into the office 2 days per week.
Tipico North America is looking to hire an editor to join our team in Hoboken, NJ. The Editor will report directly to the Head of Content & Social and will partner with stakeholders across the company, as well as with 3rd party partners, to ensure paid media campaigns are properly traded, trafficked, and reported.
We are seeking an Editor to help produce world-class content for several of the company’s brands, including our sportsbook and casino products which will be live in 5 states by the end of the year. The position is part of a small team responsible for executing on an evolving content strategy across the company. It requires a top-notch writer and editor who can identify ideas, find internal and external sources, meet deadlines, and produce content that engages our customers. Content must be clear, concise, and accessible to people at all levels. The Editor will also help identify and manage a network of freelance creatives as well as serve as a backup editor to members of our internal team.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience writing and editing for multiple brands while capturing their distinct voices. You need to be a great storyteller across multiple channels, including web, mobile, email and print.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ideation: Leveraging audience insights developed by the editorial team and the brands, develop ideas for content that will resonate with our customers, ladder into our products, and increase engagement with consumers.
- Create word-class content: Develop and create ongoing content for all products that help consumers celebrate occasions and showcase everyday moments. Formulate pitches and abstracts that will be used to help the internal organization better understand the value of great content.
- Editorial Skills: Be an excellent proofreader and writer with the ability to write in a fresh, modern, punchy voice. Become an expert of creating content that shares a consistent voice as we look to better amplify our subject matter experts into the outside world to further create credibility, authority, and authenticity. You also must have a demonstrated ability to create engaging headlines that will attract consumers.
- Creative Oversight: Help grow and manage our growing creative network, including freelancers, content agencies and video production companies. A fat Rolodex of writing, editing and other creative contacts is a plus!
- SEO: Understand the basics of search-engine optimization and a proven ability to incorporate keyword research into content ideation. The editor will work closely to identify content opportunities.
- Project Management: Have the organizational skills to prosper in a fast-paced environment. The Editor will maintain an editorial calendar for his or her assigned brands and will be expected to meet deadlines. Actively share with the organization your progress.
- Analytics: Optimize based on active performance metrics that are collected for all content produced by the team and use your findings to help prove the value of content across the enterprise. KPIs include page views, time spent and profitability of customers that engage with us.
- Production: Have a working knowledge of publishing into a CMS and the elements of basic website design. The Editor will collaborate with our design and production teams and will be asked to publish content to our websites.
- Interpersonal Skills: Foster relationships with assigned products, freelancers, vendors, agencies and other partners.
- Other projects: As requested by managers, work on special growth initiatives that aim to drive engagement. Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a communication and writing-focused communications role
- Superb writer, editor, and proofreader
- Some experience in visual communications, including text for graphics and scripts for videos
- Experience in developing, managing, and writing for mobile apps is a plus
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, WordPress. Additional software skills a plus
- Ability to understand and use metrics and analytics to measure success and drive desired outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Clear thinker, strong news judgment and strong team player who is comfortable with ambiguity and calm in chaos
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects/assignments, stringent deadlines and changing priorities while delivering high quality products
- Superb multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to see big picture and propose new ideas for ways of engaging audience
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritizing and juggling tasks to meet daily deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or public relations preferred
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- You will be a be part of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market.
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential.
- Build your own success story together with us.
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more