Business Insights - Team Lead
- Department: Technology - Data
Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing offices in Hoboken, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Let’s Make This Interesting ™
Please note: this role is located in our Hoboken, NJ office; we work off a hybrid model and come into the office 2 days per week.
The Business Insights – Team Lead will closely work with the data team and the CFO as the chief stakeholder of the department. They will be responsible for analyzing data and providing reports to the management team. The position holder ensures this is done by doing the following:
- Lead the team of data analysts working to enable a data-driven organization
- Meeting with the Management team to obtain data needed to make important & impactful decisions
- Master level communication to ensure information is delivered in the format requested by Management
- Delivering complex datasets & visualizations while keeping an eye toward self-service analytic tooling
- Transforming raw data into valuable insights and running ad-hoc analysis when required
- Help advance our capabilities in organizing data, reporting on data and helping our stakeholders get insights leveraging our enterprise data stack
- Organize and present routine updates on metrics and trends by analyzing data into actionable insights that impact revenue, retention and reach for our products
- Master’s degree in mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related scientific fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a business analyst team
- Minimum 3 years in analytics is required
- Proficient with business intelligence or data analytics tools, analyzing data through statistical, quantitative model/forecasting methods
- Expert SQL knowledge (ideally on AWS RedShift), experience with data visualization tools (such as Domo, Tableau, or other tooling)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and have the capacity to communicate discoveries to the Management team in written and verbal formats
- Being a team player but still very self-motivated and managed
- Track record of leading data projects Must be able to prioritize work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of at least 1 scripting language (preferably Python)
- Previous work within sports betting /iGaming industry
- Experience working with regulators
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- You will be a be part of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market.
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential.
- Build your own success story together with us.
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more