Survey Technician/Senior Survey Technician
- Division: Field Operations
Timmons Group is seeking a Survey Technician/Senior Survey Technician for our Survey Group located in our Wilmington, NC office. The Survey Technician assists in application of principles, methods, and techniques of land surveying by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafts subdivision plats, boundary surveys and easement plats
- Prepares parcel descriptions
- Prepares staking maps for subdivisions, infrastructure improvements and site plans
- Prepares cutsheets and construction take-offs
- Drafts topographical surveys and creates digital terrain models
- Performs limited courthouse research
- Submits plats for jurisdictional approval
- Works closely with the project manager and group leader
- May substitute in the field when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, scope of services, project budgets, jurisdictional platting & submittal requirements, and procedure manuals
- Ability to read deed descriptions, title reports, zoning reports, survey plats, DOT plans, engineering drawings, and aerial topographic mapping
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as trigonometry and geometry
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Timmons Group is a full-service engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With over 15 offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture, and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms for over 30 years, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and providing our people with the best resources, technology, and culture to help them thrive in an engaging career development setting. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.