Landscape Architecture Senior Project Manager/Project Manager
- 1054 31st St NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Landscape Architecture Senior Project Manager / Project Manager to join our Washington, D.C. office location.
Our award-winning landscape architecture and land planning team offers an extensive range of consulting and design services for urban, commercial, parks and recreation, economic development, environmental, transportation, residential and government clients across multiple markets. This position requires leadership, business development, and sound project management experience to support the growth goals of the firm and the diversification of the office established in Washington, D.C. Applicants should also demonstrate a diverse range of public and private project experience with excellent design, graphic, communication, and presentation skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with principals in the office on a variety of project types and scales.
- Maintain and develop client relationships.
- Write proposals and prepare responses to RFPs and qualifications-based proposals.
- Prepare presentations and interview for new work.
- Direct and supervise landscape architecture and civil engineering project teams with planning, site layout, landscape design documents.
- Review all design documents and specifications for quality control and compliance with company standards.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program is required.
- Professional registration as a Virginia, Maryland, or DC Licensed Landscape Architect or ability to obtain reciprocity quickly.
- LEED or SITES Accreditation preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Land F/X, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, 3-D modeling and Microsoft programs.
- Excellent hand-graphic and communication skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage project schedules and budgets.
- Must possess business development, client development, and marketing experience.
- A minimum of 8 or more years’ professional experience in landscape architecture preferred.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.