Survey Instrument Operator
- 610 E Morehead St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking a Survey Instrument Operator for our Charlotte, NC office location. Land survey work is outdoor work conducted in all types of weather.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects data for boundaries, location, topographical, and design surveys
- Operates robotic total station, level, GPS Receivers and data collectors in performance of field surveys
- Sets points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, bridges, etc.)
- Conducts daily maintenance and up-keep of instruments
- Makes sketches and records measurements to indicate exact location of horizontal and vertical control points
- Assists in the maintenance of survey equipment, supplies, and vehicle
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Travel may be required at times
Skills and Requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- High school diploma/GED
- Ideal candidates will have six (6) months of survey experience (and/or the equivalent of additional training or courses in the field of surveying)
- Ideal candidates will possess a thorough understanding of standard survey procedures and instruments
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lb. of equipment over all types of terrain.
- All-weather year-round outdoor work environment, with seasonal extreme heat index and wind-chill factors
- Other physical attributes of the job, such as hiking, climbing, vegetation management (chopping, cutting, hammering, sawing, etc.)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.