Senior Project Manager - Land Development
- 610 E Morehead St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Charlotte, NC office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Successful management of assigned projects and the development of assigned client accounts
- Marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, negotiating scopes and fees, billing and assistance in collection of fees when required, client follow-up maintenance
- Maintaining superior relationships with each of their clients and cross-selling Timmons Group services which may fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise
- Ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required
- Ability to mentor junior level engineering staff
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Work to complete design details and plan sets
- Perform research and write objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as needed
Skills/ Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience
- Professional registration (P.E., L.S., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred
- 10 to 15 years of experience in civil engineering related to land development projects
- 4+ years of experience in civil engineering project management
- Thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to design/manage portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology, and complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must consistently present a professional attitude towards clients and internal staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in the daily completion of tasks or assignments
- Must strive to achieve professional working relationships with others and show a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.