Environmental Scientist - Renewable Energy
- 1001 Boulders Pkwy, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Scientist to join our Richmond, VA office location.
The Environmental Scientist is responsible for assisting the renewable energy group in the completion of preliminary due diligence and permitting requirements for renewable energy facilities. This individual will be responsible for internal and external project coordination, writing technically sound reports and permits, and frequent communication with clients about project details, among other tasks. This person will join a team and be expected to work collaboratively to complete projects on time and on budget.
Education and/or Experience of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Must have a bachelor's or master's degree in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline
- Experience with threatened and endangered species and mitigation strategies
- Experience in stream and wetland delineation, sediment and erosion control, and Environmental Site Assessments is a plus but not required
- Experience with GIS and CAD is a plus but not required
- A demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Must possess strong verbal and technical writing skills, and be able to read technical literature and engineering plans
- Perform research and coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies to write objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work
- Provide technical expertise and checks accuracy of all completed work. Assure that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project
- Prepare the scope of services, detailed project budget, schedule and contract
- Assign duties, schedules and budget to project team members and coordinate project scheduling
- This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter; flexible, detail-oriented, enjoy interacting with employees and clients; willing to work at a dynamic pace to complete tasks and meet deadlines; and share a commitment to our firm’s vision, mission and shared values.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.