Landscape Architect I/II
- 623 H St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an entry level Landscape Architect I/II to join our Washington D.C. and/or Ashburn, VA office location. Ideally, this position would spend a few days at each location with flexibility to work remotely some also.
**Please include a resume and portfolio/sample of work when submitting an application**
Our award-winning landscape architecture and land planning studio offers an extensive range of consulting and design support to urban, commercial, parks and recreation, economic development, environmental, transportation, residential and government clients across multiple markets. Applicants should be creative, open-minded, collaborative and motivated and possess strong design, graphic, and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Work with both public and private sectors on a diverse range of project types
- Assist project teams with developing landscape plans through schematic design, design development, construction documents, and specifications
- Assist in preparation of cost estimates and construction takeoffs
- Prepare detailed master planning documents and illustrative design plans
- Work collaboratively within landscape architecture and multi-disciplinary design teams
- Set professional goals and work to achieve them annually
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program is preferred but a non-accredited degree in Landscape Architecture and 2-5 years of experience may be considered
- Must possess strong hand graphic skills and computer graphic design foundation
- Advanced level of competency utilizing AutoCAD (Civil 3-D), SketchUp or Rhino, Adobe Creative Cloud, (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign). Experience with GIS and Land F/X is a bonus
- Proficiency in writing reports, technical documents, and general correspondence
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients and colleagues to perform expected duties
- Ability to solve challenging design and technical problems
- Must be creative, open-minded, and organized
- Experience in the Northern Virginia/DC jurisdictions, preferred, but not required
- 2-5 years of professional experience preferred but candidates with less or more may be considered
We offer an excellent compensation package as well as great opportunities for professional growth. Salary commensurate with work experience.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.