Transportation Project Manager
- 20110 Ashbrook Place, Suite 100, Ashburn, VA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Transportation Project Manager to start up our Transportation Group working in the Northern Virginia/Washington, DC area. This person will start a group and be both a doer and seller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- The Project Manager is responsible for the successful management of assigned projects and the development of strong client relationships
- Responsible for marketing and business development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, negotiating scopes and fees, billing and assistance in collection of fees when required, client follow-up maintenance
- The Project Manager must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which may fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise, and direct ongoing communications with the Office Manager and Transportation Group Leader are essential
- An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- Professional registration (P.E., L.S., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred
- Ideal candidates will have 8 to 10 years of experience in roadway design, traffic and transportation engineering, including projects for local Departments of Transportation (DOTs)
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
- Consistently presents a professional attitude towards clients and internal staff
- Effectively communicates with others in the daily completion of tasks or assignments
- Strives to achieve professional working relationships with others and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.