Land Development Project Manager
- 20110 Ashbrook Pl, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Land Development group in our Ashburn, VA office. The successful candidate will provide all facets of management oversight for our land development engineering projects for the group’s clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling, and Civil 3D technology
- Communicate with client, staff, and internal design team.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials using research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection, and payment of items specific to a project
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Manage and mentor project staff responsible for technical execution of project assignments to ensure timely delivery of assigned work
- Track deliverable development, project/task budget, and provide project/task status tracking updates for clients
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Professional registration (P.E., L.S., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred
- Has 8+ years of experience in civil engineering or a related technical profession.
- Has 2+ years of project management experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.