Project Engineer I - Stormwater Management
- 20110 Ashbrook Pl, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer I candidate for a Stormwater Management position in our Ashburn, VA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to investigate storm drainage issues and support stormwater management designs.
- Provide engineering assistance for the design of best management practices (BMPs) and other stormwater infrastructure related projects.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Actively assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers.
- Checks the accuracy of assigned tasks prior to presenting work to Senior Engineers and Project Managers.
- Assists in performing project field visits at the direction of Senior Engineers and Project Managers.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related degree
- Ideal candidates would have at least one year of experience in Stormwater Management or Land Development civil engineering, and experience with public and/or private projects
- EIT preferred
- Working experience with CADD and or Civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred)
- Must be dependable, responsible, and have good written/verbal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.