Project Engineer - Water Resources/Stream Restoration
- 20110 Ashbrook Place, Suite 100, Ashburn, VA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our Water Resources/Stormwater Management practice in our Ashburn, VA office.
The successful candidate will provide technical support for our water resources engineering projects, covering a wide range of potential disciplines, including stream restoration design, stormwater management, watershed management, environmental permitting, MS4 program development and compliance, TMDL planning and implementation, and stormwater infrastructure management and maintenance projects for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Participate on field teams performing assessments of BMPs and water quality screening of stormwater outfalls
- Support hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to investigate storm drainage issues, floodplain studies, stream restoration, dam safety analyses, and stormwater management designs
- Provide engineering assistance for the design of: Best Management Practices (BMPs); Low Impact Development (LID) solutions; urban stormwater retrofit alternatives; stream restoration; and stormwater drainage/infrastructure related projects
- Conduct background research on technical issues and write clear reports and memorandums to convey project results to our clients
- Prepare engineering and construction cost estimates
- Support MS4/VSMP permit program development & implementation for municipal clients
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Biological Systems Engineering, or a closely related degree
- The ideal candidate will have 3 to 6 years of professional experience
- EIT designation from NCEES or Professional Engineer registration in Virginia
- Completion of Rosgen Levels I-II stream restoration training classes desired
- Experience with mapping and data analysis using ArcGIS
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, HEC-HMS/RAS, SWMM, Bentley Software
- Must have a strong work ethic, high energy, and be self-motivated
- Must be dependable, responsible and have good written/verbal communications skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.