SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER
- Jl. M.H. Thamrin, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia
From airlines, hotels, to event organizers, 21.5% of businesses run in Indonesia depends on tourism. However, Indonesia needs our help to build adequate infrastructure to maximise its potential. Maximising the country’s digital growth and penetration, we want to open Indonesians window to the world, and also the world’s window to Indonesia. Our purpose is to become the most consumer centric Online Travel Agent (OTA) simplifying tourism using the technology that we develop. Our mission is to make Indonesia a prosperous nation through tourism, by strategically partnering with local and international travel and tourism businesses.
To become the most consumer-centric company, we invest in continuous innovation to simplify and revolutionize tourism using the technology that we build for more than 17 million of our growing users globally. We are the go-to online market place for product and services that covers flight, hotel, car rental, event and attractions, train, and airport transfer bookings. In 2019, we were announced as the fastest growing Online Travel Agent (OTA) in the world by SABRE.
By January 2020, our business experienced a massive growth. We are currently partnering with more than 80 airlines, more than 500,000 local and international hotels, 150 Car rental providers, more than 1000 B2B Corporate partners, and we are also the leading events ticket box in Indonesia with more than 3000 event partners and 900+ attraction site partners.
Mau ke mana? Semua ada tiketnya!
1. Backend system
– Build and extend our backend code based on SOLID Principle and Clean Code
– Build APIs that serve our frontend apps
– Benchmark and improve performance
– Maintain and extend our test suite
– Refactor and improve existing code to incorporate better patterns
– Document and write about the work
2. Profiling and optimization code
Create unit tests and implement self-test to make sure the code is running well.
3. Review code
Assist technical lead to review and follow up code that has been developed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Min. 3 years of working experience as a Senior Engineer or equivalent
- Experienced in using Java Spring Boot or Golang (min. 5 years)
- Experience working with MongoDB, MySQL, and Postgre.
- Experience working with Redis and Memcached
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with CI/CD, TDD, Refactor/Rewrite system
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Git Flow
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Knows how to analyze log
- Experience with Java, Golang, Kotlin, or Ruby is a plus
- Experience with pair programming is a plus
- Experience with Linux syntax, Docker, PHP Framework
- Good sense of prioritization and product knowledge/product ownership
- Critical thinking, fast learner, and excellent communication skills
- Well-motivated, responsible with deadline, and can work under pressure