Senior Trust Officer
- 200 Bellevue Pkwy, Wilmington, DE 19809, USA
Tiedemann Advisors is an owner-managed independent investment and wealth advisor with a single focus: to make sure our clients’ wealth accomplishes what matters most to them. Tiedemann provides high-net-worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations and endowments with customized, objective investment management, and trust, estate and wealth planning services. We are proactive, innovative advisors who provide access to a broad set of exceptional investment strategies globally, including impact or responsible investments, and full transparency on investment decisions, fees and performance. Founded in 1999, Tiedemann Advisors is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, Aspen, Palm Beach, Portland and Washington, D.C. The firm provides trust services through Tiedemann Trust Company, a state-chartered trust company located in Wilmington, Delaware. Together, Tiedemann oversees approximately $22 billion in assets.
Tiedemann Trust Company is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Trust Officer to support Tiedemann’s”) clients. - The Trust Officer will be responsible for reading, interpreting and administering trusts. This individual will partner with the firm’s Fiduciary Counsel on sophisticated trust administration to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures. The individual will mentor and be a resource to the firm’s Trust Administrators. The Senior Trust Officer will aid in administration of estates where Tiedemann is appointed as Executor.
- Provide complete administration of personal trust accounts for moderate to complex situations.
- Review existing trust administration practices and look for new ways to improve processes, efficiency, and overall fiduciary oversight of trust accounts.
- Draft Discretionary Distribution/Discretionary Action Memorandum for discretionary actions of the trustee taking into consideration, trust language, departmental policy and procedures, tax liabilities and state laws.
- Study and analyze the trust instrument and determine and adhere to the responsibilities, duties, and terms of the governing trust document.
- Review and analyze estate and gift tax returns to assure proper administration.
- Monitor account activity ensuring compliance with established policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Partner with Fiduciary Counsel on more complex problems and situations.
- Continue to engage and help to improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to administer estates where Tiedemann serves as executor.
- Represent the firm in interactions with UHNW clients, beneficiaries, trustees outside counsel, CPA’s and other outside parties.
- Oversee the Trust Administrators review of fees and ensure client billing is correct.
- Work and collaborate with Fiduciary Tax Group to help coordinate tax payments and provide information necessary to file tax returns.
- Review and present new trust account and annual (or bi-annual) administrative reviews for the individual’s book of business while overseeing Trust Administrators preparation of reviews.
- Review annual CRT, Unitrust and Power to adjust distributions.
- Hold periodic meetings with clients and aid Fiduciary Counsel in preparation of such meetings.
- Ten to fifteen years of related trust experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably Delaware trust experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with estate administration preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of trust management, financial planning, philanthropic planning, and fiduciary law
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Certified Trust and/ or Financial Advisor designation (CTFA) or comparable designation preferred.
- Requires knowledge of personal trust, IRAs, estates and official guardianship administration.
- Must be able to prioritize, be exceptionally organized, and have extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment while also being a self-starter.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word with ability to quickly learn new systems – performance reporting, data/transaction aggregation, data analytics, CRM.
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds.